We have implemented procedures to guarantee our guests’ health and safety.
All the recommendations established at this time, which may be modified as we gain more insights about COVID-19, especially the operational feasibility of the recommendations must be respected. Ongoing communication between operations and technical supervision is of essential for optimal adaptations.
Keeping a safe distance (WHO), and maximum hygiene and safety measures are high-priority in all areas of the hotel to prevent contagion by COVID-19.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT TEAM (CMT)
Each of our hotels has an adequately trained management team that allows us to manage incidents quickly with a coordinated response.
PROTOCOLS IN CASE OF COVID-19
In the event of an outbreak, operational procedures must be followed to prevent the spreading of COVID-19. We have action plans in place and ready to be implemented in case of confirmed or suspected infection.
Internal and external communication plans have been set up to maintain lines of communication between both guests and employees so we can provide information tailored to their needs. To avoid contagion and the correct use of PPEs (personal protective equipment) and plans to follow, most of the information will be displayed on posters and projections to ensure we are all up to date with the developments.
In order to show due diligence, we have created a registration system of the actions taken.
It’s essential not only to act but also to demonstrate this by using the registration system that shows all the actions taken.
• Check-in and check-out times are extended to avoid crowding and to allow time for disinfection and cleaning.
• Protective screens have been installed.
• Preventive measures, including temperature taking, hand disinfection and social distancing, are implemented at the hotel entrance.
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers are distributed throughout the reception area.
• A sign will display the maximum capacity, and if needed, customers will form queues to ensure a safe distance is maintained.
• Many of our hotels now have a check-in option online. Avoid staying in the area longer than the time needed.
• The direction you need to follow and the distance to maintain with the customer before you will be marked on the floor.
• Try to pay by credit/debit card or contactless in the reception, bars and other areas of the hotel. The POS is disinfected after each use.
• Everyday items (such as pens) are disinfected for later use. You will only be served in your row and by one receptionist.
• Reception desks are cleaned frequently to ensure continuous disinfection.
• Containers are placed for you to deposit keys, documents ID card, credit cards, coins, etc. that are then disinfected.
• We ask you to always move in one direction; directions are indicated throughout the hotel.
• Put your rubbish in the pedal bins placed throughout the hotel.
• Please pay attention to the screens showing essential information.
• All advertising brochures have been removed for your safety. You’ll find all the information announced on posters and/or screens.
• Staff are provided with disposable gloves and/or disinfectant wipes if you need them to transport your luggage.
• Reusable masks and gloves can be purchased from the vending machine at reception.
We will continue to offer the following services at our hotels:
• Check In
• Check Out
• Incident management and key information.
We are removing the following services to minimise risks of contagion during the state of alarm:
• Foreign exchange.
• Ticket sales for excursions.
• Venta y display de merchandising.
• Elements to promote sustainable movement (bicycles, scooters, etc.)
• Magazines and newspapers
• Articles on request: amenities, chargers, etc.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
• Extended restaurant hours to avoid crowding.
• You should wear a mask if you can’t respect a safe distance. For your peace of mind, all staff inside the restaurants will be wearing masks properly placed.
• Check your temperature with the non-contact thermometer before entering. The necessary distance of 2 metres is guaranteed.
• Signs showing maximum capacity are displayed, and a member of staff will be at the door to ensure the rules are implemented.
• Follow the marked and signposted route and maintain a safe distance.
• Customers must clean their hands with hydroalcoholic gel and wear a mask and gloves to enter. For your safety and peace of mind, all plates and cutlery are washed at > 60° C.
• Doors are left open in all passageways, provided guests’ safety is not affected.
• Dining areas and restaurants that need to be closed for air conditioning are aired daily after each change of shift and service, and natural ventilation has been improved.
• For safety reasons, tables will be pre-assigned and/or a member of staff will direct you to your table.
• Cleaning and disinfection procedures have been increased during and after each service. Tables, chairs and any items left on the table are disinfected after each use. All chemical products used have been checked and are considered to be effective against COVID-19.
• Many products (mayonnaise, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, etc.) are only available in single-serve format. Drinks and coffee machines are attended by a member of staff at all times.
• Vending machines are located in specific areas to ensure safe distances can be maintained, and all have a hydroalcoholic gel dispenser that must be used before and after using the machine.
• Reception will let you know if you need to take turns in the restaurants and cafes.
• An information panel at the entrance to the restaurant will display rules for customers to read before entering.
• Some of the barstools have been removed from the bar to maintain social distancing.
• A disposable paper tablecloth will be used on the tables and changed after each customer. Cutlery and napkins will be left on the table in a sealed disposable paper envelope.
• Cutlery and plates are left on trolleys and are disinfected several times a day.
• Cutlery and plates are kept in a safe and enclosed area. If you need anything, just ask.
• Menus will be placed behind a screen to avoid direct contact and have QR codes if you want to order room service or drinks
• Sharing food is only allowed among members of the same family.
• Only the required number of dishes are placed at the buffet. Single-serve packaged products and individual portions are provided for some meals and restocked regularly.
• Depending on the buffet option, all serving utensils used by employees at the assisted buffet (tongs, spoons, etc.) will be replaced with disinfected ones every 30 minutes.
• Respect the queue and social distancing.
“Commonly used items and equipment (cruets, drinks machines, sugar sachets) and other decorative elements have been removed.”
• Staged entry and exit. Avoid crowds.
• Maintain a minimum distance of 2m if not wearing a mask.
• Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Wash your hands with water and soap or hydroalcoholic gel before and after using the changing room.
• Leave the door open after you have changed to ensure the renewal of air.
• Increased personal hygiene measures, including masks and gloves for all staff. Reduced capacity to ensure social distancing.
• Customers must use hydroalcoholic gel and gloves.
• All products are disinfected before leaving the storeroom.
• Changes and returns will be disinfected and stored for 72 hours.
• We recommend paying by credit card.
• Cleaning and disinfection procedures have been intensified during opening hours and after closing.
• Reinforced protocol for natural air ventilation.
• Sign displaying the minimum safe distance at the counter. Social distancing must be respected at all times.
• Established hygiene measures in changing rooms.
Elevators are marked with the maximum capacity. It is not allowed to share the elevator with people from different families unless you are wearing a mask. Use of the elevators is limited to what is considered as strictly necessary.
It is recommended to use the stairs, except for people with reduced mobility, the elderly or those with physical conditions who cannot use them.
• Management and maintenance programmes in recreational water spaces are strictly observed and remain unchanged from regular procedures.
• Daily cleaning and disinfection. Surfaces such as walkways and handrails that are touched often will be cleaned and disinfected at least 3 times per day.
• Visible signage with the hygiene and prevention rules to follow, pointing out the need to leave the facilities in the event of symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
• Spatial distribution to ensure a safe distance of 2m, using the signs to limit space marked on the floor. All personal items should be kept in closed bags within the 2m safety perimeter.
• Maximum capacity in the pool area will be displayed and must be respected at all times. Before opening, the hotel complex has been cleaned and disinfected, paying particular attention to closed areas such as changing rooms and bathrooms.
• Equipment and materials adjacent to and included in the swimming pool area such as the basin, lane ropes, auxiliary material for classes, perimeter grids, first aid kits, lockers and anything else users touch that are part of the pool area are cleaned and disinfected.
Sun lounger area:
• Maintain limits to comply with the safety distances of 2m. You will find the sun loungers separated and they can only be put together for family use.
• Sun loungers are cleaned and disinfected after each use, as are the areas outside the pool and the surroundings, the shower and the steps. Signs will display the date and time when the area was last cleaned and who has disinfected it.
Rooms are cleaned and aired every day. Rubbish is removed daily, and everything must be deposited in a single pedal bin with a lid in the room. We kindly ask for your collaboration.
• Special attention is given to the following:
• Airing of the rooms.
• Replacement of towels and bed linen.
• Cleaning of walls, floors and ceilings.
• Cleaning mirrors and windows.
• Cleaning furniture, equipment, and functional decorative elements.
• Cleaning any surface or equipment with a high level of use/contact.
• Dirty laundry is put into bags before being left in the cleaning carts.
• The HACCP system is strictly enforced and supervised, along with more stringent personal hygiene procedures including the use of gloves, masks and hand washing every 30 minutes.
• Only the required number of dishes are placed at the buffet. Single-serve packaged products and individual portions will be provided for some meals and restocked regularly.
• Depending on the buffet option, all serving utensils used (tongs, spoons, etc.) will be replaced with disinfected ones every 30 minutes.
• In the show-cooking, we will prepare the food in controlled amounts to avoid queues building up and to prevent the accumulation of food. A protective screen is placed in the area.
• Cleaning and disinfection procedures have been improved and increased during and after each service. All the chemical products used are considered to be effective against COVID-19.
Please contact reception as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms please contact reception as soon as possible.
The most common symptoms are:
· Dry cough
Less common symptoms are:
· Aches and pains
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
· A skin rash, or discolouration of fingers or toes